Monday, May 4, 2009

Monday Morning Coffee

So I had a whole new post thought out about my Thursday night and how a confluence of events contributed to one of those ridiculous evenings.  Then the rest of the weekend happened.  So, this is a synopsis of my weekend and observations and rants and raves about nightlife in general. Although I can't guarantee this will happen every Monday morning, I will do my best to give you all a little something to read while having that first cup of coffee to start the week. Consider this your first cup.

My weekend actually started Thursday evening.  Incredible Thursdays make for disastrous Fridays and this Thursday was particularly nuts.  You know it was a good night when you.....

you and your two buddies collectively spend $150, when the first 4 hours of the evening were open bar and the rest of the night consisted of $2 rail drinks.

you are sprawled on your buddy's couch only to find one buddy passed out in his suit in a chair while the other one is hugging the toilet.

you wake-up borderline drunk, only to discover your buddy is in the same predicament.

you and your buddy walk to work in what can only be described as a buzzing haze with a raging headache waiting for the right moment to ruin your morning

you meet some girl named "Molly" who won't stop texting you all weekend.

and finally, you wear the same clothes to work from day before.  That was special.

All in all, it was a great ride, but I think you would agree Friday was going to be a little rough.


Rant of the Weekend - karaoke song selection.

I'm all for karaoke.  Karaoke is not really my thing considering I am tone deaf and my Mom forbid me to sing in the house growing-up.  I definitely have a fear of singing now thanks to Mom.  I probably should go see a shrink about that.  That said, I totally get karaoke.  Both guys and girls love it and it can be totally effective in the mating game.  Song selection, however, is extremely important.  Dudes singing From this Moment by Shania Twain is NOT GOOD.  Yes, two dudes did this Saturday night at Peyote.  I completely understand what these two gentlemen were trying to do "if I sing this sweet, romantic song, some girl will want to get with me." I get it; it's all part of the game.  Sometimes we need to do ridiculous sh*t to play the game.  I mean you are talking to a guy who wears skinny ties, has hair product that makes your hair feel like the beach, and has no problem tearing up the dance floor to All the Single Ladies by Beyonce, but From this Moment?  Really?  Really? That song is so lame that girls at the bar might be unsure what team you play for or you are just a total freak. These two fellas even had to announce their sexual orientation as straight once the song was done.  I'm going to go ahead and say that is not a good sign.  Next time, pick a better song.

Well that's all for now.  Stay tuned later this week for more about my Saturday night.  Let's just say it was a Vampire Weekend.


2 comments:

  1. I understand the surfside tresses and the all the single ladies dancing...but i am really struggling to figure out who the skinny ties appeal to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skinny ties are in vogue. Read a magazine. Plus it becomes appealing to the masses since I look really good wearing them.

    ReplyDelete