Sunday, November 1, 2009

Road Show Part II


After a one day stint back in DC, THE Sean Sullivan took the Road Show out west to sunny San Francisco. I realize San Francisco is not all that sunny, but it was when I was there. This turned out to be pretty awesome, since it was cold and rainy in DC during the five days I was out in San Fran. As for the city itself, this was my second time out in the Bay Area. I have to admit the first time around was just okay. I didn’t really love it. This time around was a different story. I thought San Fran was amazing, a lot of this can attributed to the fact that I found out where all the hotties hang out. Before, I just thought San Fran was dirty hippies and people even more liberal than me. Turns out, San Fran is a hot bed of good looking chicks. Book it!

Unlike Part I of the Road Show, Part II was a little more subdued. There was some quality THE Sean Sullivan time, light reading, and catching-up with a bunch people I had not seen in a long time. You people know who you are – so great effort! I had AN AWESOME time. That said, there was a couple interesting developments as the trip unfolded.

The most interesting being seeing my friend “Matt” out in San Fran. Matt is a friend and former co-worker who moved out to San Fran within the last 9 months. Truthfully, this was a surprising move because Matt living in San Francisco would be like me moving into a gay brothel. It doesn’t really fit. To give you a better idea of Matt, imagine a dude driving a yellow jeep with huge truck tires, drinks Natural Light, brings his own koozie to a party, used to spend his summers at Seacrets while fixing his wave runner, and is probably a card carrying member of the NRA. In essence, he couldn’t be more opposite than the general San Francisco population. So hitting the town on Friday and Saturday night with Matt, I was expecting some serious entertainment and a nonstop commentary on the San Francisco scene, in a mocking, but humorous way of course; however, in a SHOCKING development, he seemed to be digging it. On some level, he probably knows this isn’t a long-term deal, but he is taking everything in stride and has really taken a liking to living out west. He even knows the best bars to hit on cougars, which is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment