Thursday, November 19, 2009

Money Play Week Continued

Editor's note: The note above is from the world wide web. THE Sean Sullivan did not receive that note from "Mandy".

Yes, the note on the napkin works on TV and in the movies, but believe it or not it works quit well in reality too. Does it always work?? Definitely not, but when all signs point to not happening this move is sort of like pulling a rabbit out of the hat when it works out. I wouldn't call it a desperation toss because nothing I do is desperate (will discuss desperation at a later date), but it is along the lines of "I'm going to give this one more shot." I will let an email I sent to a friend this summer illustrate the point....

I met some girl at a bar. She told me I looked like Bradley Cooper, which is pretty much the last thing my ego needs, but awesome at the same time since I love The Hangover. Anyway, I thought I was totally in with this girl. I made friends with her friends and everything. She is all over me like almost uncomfortably so and then out of nowhere she starts talking to some other guy who is not hot. This was particularly confusing since she kept looking over at me. The other dude was playing really good defense as well. So not be outdone, I rolled out but not before leaving a note on a napkin, which read "you chose the wrong guy" and included my name and number. The next day, I get a text message - "I liked your note, what are you up to?" Chicks are unbelievable....

Admittedly, I probably go to the "note on the napkin" move a little too often and need to cutback. The success ratio is probably only around 60%, but that is way better than zero. Actually now that I think of it my Atlanta acquaintance, Danielle, never called me after my incredibly witty note on the bar bill. That's a little disappointing, You can't win them all I guess, but when nothing else in the playbook seems to work this move could still be just what you need....

The Dating Game Series
Intro
A Lost Art
The Bad Date Phenomenon

Money Play Week

No comments:

Post a Comment