Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Serving Beer in Hell

So before I fill you in about the second half of my vacation, I thought I would share the literary masterpiece I read during vacation. Okay, "literary masterpiece" might be a bit much, but the book it is very entertaining.

For a while now, a co-worker has been recommending I read I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell by Tucker Max. Now, I was unfamiliar with this book before my co-worker's suggestion, but I was eager to read it because as my co-worker so eloquently put it, "he's you, but way worse." Well after reading the book, that is probably a fair assessment. If Tucker is going to hell, then I'm probably going to purgatory because the reality is I am no where near vicinity of Tucker Max's League. For those unfamiliar with the book, it is an autobiography of sorts where Tucker Max, an unabashed bachelor, chronicles some of his more ridiculous stories. Now let me be clear, I am NOT Tucker Max nor will I ever be Tucker Max. The dude is absolutely absurd. My moral compass stops where his begins. The guy does things I couldn't even fathom doing. That said, his drunken nights and sexual escapades are hilarious and ridiculous. His line-up of women and stories are no where close to my life. With all that, the guy can tell a story, which I admire and respect. Much like this blog, he started out for the entertainment of friends, which eventually became a best-selling book and now a movie. I don't expect nor have any desire to rise to such levels, but I do appreciate his desires to entertain others through his stories. So do your self a favor and read I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell. I think you'll enjoy it....well, some female readers may be offended and repulsed, but you bros out there will like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment