Monday, July 19, 2010

Really!?!?!?

I realize I have been on the sports tip for a while now. What can I say?? Big things are going on here in DC when it comes to sports and I need to share my frustration and excitement. That said, I think it is time to get back to what I do best: talking about chicks and living the dream. I actually have a cue of posts (that are not quite finished) about all sorts of things as it relates to dating and women, so clearly I have been wanting to get back to that for a while now; however, I am now extra motivated after this past weekend with the fam.

In recent months, I have noticed a trend at family dinners and events, a more serious line of questioning about my dating life. No questions directed at my brother or sister, just me. Most of the questions revolve around having a girlfriend, which ultimately lead to comments from Mom and Dad about "settling down." My parents have never been the "you need to get married and settled down early" type, which I have always appreciated. So I thought my response about enjoying the dating scene would suffice. Of course, I have never really mentioned the blog figuring the less they know the better. Clearly, "enjoying the dating scene" is not enough anymore and now that I have hit my late 20s there is apparently cause for concern at home. However, it is not exactly the concern you would think.

On Saturday afternoon, I stopped by my parents to pick-up my Mom's ride so I could the hit pool that afternoon with friend (who happens to be a women). That, of course, lead to questions like "is she your girlfriend?" or "is this a date?" After clearly explaining she was just a friend, it happened....

THE Littlest Sullivan: "So I was driving with Dad the other day and out of nowhere he goes, 'is Sean gay?' "

Let that settle for a minute. Okay one more time...

THE Littlest Sullivan: "So I was driving with Dad the other day and out of nowhere he goes, 'is Sean gay?' "

That's right my Dad is wondering about my sexual orientation. Because of my lack of long-term girlfriend prospects my Dad now thinks I am no longer into chicks. Of course, my Dad could have pointed to certain gay stereotypes like my acute fashion sense, the need to see a hair stylist, and love for Bette Midler (this one is not true. I find Bette Midler annoying) as reasons that might create doubt. Instead, this comes down to one thing THE Sean Sullivan has not brought a girl home to meet Mom and Dad since he was a clueless 21 year old. Side note, there is nothing wrong with being gay. I'm totally down with men being into other men (or women being into other women for that matter) that is just not my style. Okay, what was I saying? Oh yeah, I think I need to sit Pops down and explain to him what's up. He has been married for 30 years, so he probably forgot the joys of bachelorhood. I will have to remind him. Although I am not sure I need to tell him about this or this or even this, but he needs to knows I am just trying to live the dream.....

No comments:

Post a Comment