Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Monday Morning Coffee (That Never Arrives on Mondays Anymore)

So when I first started doing this segment, I did expect to have a post for you every Monday Morning. So what happened? It's summer and I am outside playing G, chasing girls, and just living the dream in general. Yes, the lack of a computer and the recent move has thrown things off even more, but let's be honest I am out making the magic happen, so having a post for every Monday Morning is really not happening. So for now, look for the Morning Coffee mid-week.

Bachelorette Parties

I know I have discussed the topic of bachelor and bachelorette parties before, but I have decided to re-visit the topic after attending a bar this weekend with at least 6-8 different bachelorette parties going-on at one time. It was unbelievable. On any given weekend night, you may see one or two over the course of the night. On this night, at this bar, there were literally at least half-a-dozen happening at once. This was like seeing Haley's comet or having two full moons in one month, also known as a blue moon. On one hand, this was kind of cool - some brides-to-be, maybe some single chicks. That sounds good to me; however, it completely bottles my mind why chicks feel the need to have tee-shirts, tiaras, vails, and any other completely unnecessary garments or flare to announce to the world it is a bachelorette party. Whatever happened to good ole' fashion fun where the bride-to-be has one too many drinks, cruises around in a limo, and hits the dance floor in hopes of rubbing-up against some hot Latin guy named Sergio one last time? All that other crap is tacky and lame. Now, I'm not saying all bachelorette parties do this, but more often than not this is the case. In fact, every bachelorette party on Saturday had some sort of garb to represent the occaison. So you lady readers out there, do yourself and the public a favor and do not include tiaras, vails, penis paraphernalia, and anything else that might suggest you are participating in a bachelorette party. Go out there and just have an awesome time! Trust me, guys like that better.

Don't be like these girls..it's lame


A Great New Spot

No Real Man or Woman of Genius this week, but there is a hot new bar in DC that I encourage everyone to check out. Actually, whoever put together the concept for this bar is a genius. I know bars and this one is incredible. I have been going to bars since I was child. No I wasn't drinking when I was 10, but between going to the VFW or some other watering hole with Grandpa or being with my Dad and whatever bar he used to work at I got to see bars from an early age.

Public Bar in Dupont Circle is awesome. It has everything you want. The first level is a low key bar for watching sports on one of their 500 TVs or having a few pops with friends. The second floor is a little more lounge like for a change of pace. Finally, there is a great roof deck that can handle a public crowd and private parties. So whether you are looking to drink a few beers and watch a game, chill with friends, or meet that special someone (for the night), then this is the place. Please note, in no way has Public Bar paid me to write this endorsement. Seriously, go there. It's spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment