In the last six months, I have elevated my game to a whole new level. I have practically become unstoppable. I can’t miss. It all works – the jokes, the one-liners, the faxes. My game is in a whole new stratosphere. I’m the 2008-2009 version of LeBron James. Most people believe LeBron’s upside is limitless and this season he clearly has gone to a whole new level. Not only are his numbers once again ridiculously insane, but his team tied for the best home record in NBA history and he also led his team to the best record in the NBA this season. And let’s be real, how many people can name another player on the Cleveland Cavaliers besides LeBron James?? Okay, that’s what I thought. The man is simply amazing.
While LeBron keeps on amazing us, I’m seemed to hit a serious stumbling block, which started three weeks ago at my five year college reunion. Some of you know the story. As for those of you who don’t know the tale, I don’t really want to get into it. It is just going to fire me up, it is just going to piss me off, so trust me when I say, it butt-fu*king sucked, a lot. In the annals of god awful reunions, this one is definitely up there. The only thing that could have made it worse would have been me showing up 100 pounds over-weight while still managing to be that guy with a coke problem. That said, when the weekend ended, I expected to return to my home court and it would be business as usual, expect that hasn't happened. I have gone cold from field. My jumpers aren’t falling. I can’t get to the rim. My game is in a total funk. There is no better example of this funk than today…..
Over the last four-five weeks, I have developed a nice flirtation with this girl in my spin class. We are in the same Wednesday lunch spin class at the Y. Side note, for you punks out there laughing at my attendance to spin class, you should know I’m training for a triathlon. I’m trying to be the best at exercise. Clearly, I may have also tapped into a whole new world of women I didn’t even know about. Anyway, back to this girl. It started with an exchange of smiles, progressed to a few witty comments, and now we have some pretty fun conversations before and after class.
Seriously, “see you next week?” Wow, that was pathetic. I’m off to the gym. I’m going to shoot my way out of this funk. Don’t ask me what that means. I’m just trying to end with one last basketball analogy. And I'm still looking for my inner LeBron...


Are you aware you called Gasol a Spanish Egg?
ReplyDeleteWell, Pau does look like a bird and don't quote me on this because I'm not a biologist, but I think birds lay eggs.
ReplyDeleteSully,
ReplyDeleteFirst, your blog is so hot right now in Zambia. Second, when in doubt, remember what Kenny Powers tells us: I'm just an ordinary guy with exceptional hair....