As I wind down an amazing decade in my life, I have been in search of a successor. I have always wanted to share my wisdom and knowledge with others as evidence with this blog. But I I want something more than that. I want an heir apparent. While I am not ready to retire by any means, there will apparently come a day when I meet some chick who I actually really like. We'll have to see about that. That said, I have been wanting someone to reach my level for sometime now. Truthfully, there have been a few people over the years who I thought were capable of such a task. My roommate, my brother, and a friend's brother just to name a few, but in the end I just don't think they wanted what I wanted for them, which is being unattached, devoted to keeping things casual while hitting the town on the regular. In essence, I am talking about being totally awesome. On some level I don't really blame those who didn't want it. Being a THE is hard work. It is definitely exhausting, but completley rewarding. However, I think my search is finally over.
It happened this summer. It started in Barcelona during my epic trip to one of the most amazing cities I have ever visited. Yes, it was a bro out in Barcelona with my brother, Manifesto Mike, and Manifesto's Mike brother. Little did I know Manifesto Mike's brother was THE Protege I always envisioned. Seriously, how could Mr. D.T.R. himself be related to someone anti-D.T.R.? Someone so awesome? The bro is incredible when it comes to being out on the town. I know he was something special when he and I would relentlessly try to meet women even though neither of us knew a lick of Spanish. I will never forget our last night in Spain and 45 minutes before we had to catch a flight he wanted to push onward to meet more women.
Our new found partnership did not truly blossom until the night of the Hurricane. Yes, he was there that night. While nothing will top the cab that night, cementing our bond over a couple shots of Jamo as we surveyed the greatest female to male ratio in the history of bars was truly something special. That night, I knew we could do great things together. I think we have even hugged it out.
While his skills and attitude are well beyond his years, he can still use some fine tuning. I have to admit he makes me better as well. When I am ready to call it a night, he wants to keep going. When he is a little too focused, I tell him to relax. I have certainly found the fountain of you and his name is THE Protege. I look forward to the months ahead and passing on my knowledge to the one who truly wants to be great. It is going to be quite a ride.
While Away the Hours
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment