Friday, September 9, 2011

Tales from the Hurricane

It has been too long. Plenty of exciting things have happened in the world of THE Sean this summer, but we'll get to those later. For now, I thought I would kick things back off with one of my more epic nights in recent weeks. It was the weekend of August 27th and Hurricane Irene was rolling through town.....

Admittedly, I didn't expect much out of the night. I attended a Hurricane party before heading out to brave the bars and the weather. Many places were closed and the few that were open didn't have many people, except somehow we managed to find the one bar that had 3 bachelorette parties, 20 other chicks, and at most 8 other dudes. The ratio was literally 7 to 1, girl to guy. It was incredible, seriously amazing. In the long glorious history of nights out on the town, the odds were never better then at this bar on this night. Honestly, I doubt I will ever see odds like this again, EVER. The music was awesome, the chicks were cool, and the fun level was off the charts. Unfortunately, I somehow only managed a make session with a "Maid of Honor" and was unsuccessful in convincing her we should ride out the rest of the Hurricane back at my place.

But then there was the cab ride home....

I admit the 20 minute drive across town was frustrating and became even more frustrating when we arrived at my house as the cab driver realized he did not have change for a twenty. He offered to drive 2 blocks up the street to the 7-Eleven to make change and then return me home. I quickly accepted and we were on our way. As we were driving back to my house after the quick stop off at 7-Eleven, he picked-up a young lady on the corner to drive her home once he dropped me off. Except, the cab driver was sh*t out of luck because in the block-and-a-half back to my house I convinced her to join me at my place for a drink. Boom. Done. Book it!

She didn't leave until the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment