So when I'm not working, living the dream, or trying to put up a post on the blog, I'm all about building my real estate empire. We can discuss the details of my empire at a later date. Right now, I'm currently trying to lease an apartment I co-own on the ever popular Craig's List. Although Craig's List has brought many viable tenants, it has also brought a few question marks. I have seen the attempted deposit scam and every once in a while a Prince from Nigeria will try to hit me up for some cash, but the following email really takes the cake. This might be a joke, this might be a scam I haven't figured out the angle yet, or maybe "Howard" really does like to be this obvious about his dealings. I will let you decide....
Greetings, I am very interested in taking a look at your xxxx Street property at $x,xxx. I do a lot of my business in that neighborhood so I think it'd be a really great spot for me. I'm just curious if the property has a basement, and if so what is the window situation like? I work with a lot of materials that need proper ventilation so a few windows down there would be satisfactory. Also, if there is a basement, can you tell me if the concrete is reinforced? I mean, I haven't had any trouble in the last couple of years. They say I'm the best at what I do, but you never know, accidents do happen.
I'm also curious if there are any playgrounds or elementary schools around the area. I'm not on any kind of predator list if that' what you're thinking. I mean come on, that stuff's just gross. I'm not like that. However, those kids do make for some great customers. Maybe not now but a little freebie today is a loyal customer tomorrow. Anyway the place sounds great and I look forward to giving it a proper look-see.
Let me know when I can come by!
-Howard
Whatever the case may be, this email was hilarious. I got this yesterday and I'm still laughing. No light chuckle. I'm talking the full on THE Sean Sullivan laugh.
While Away the Hours
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment